Friday, February 2, 2007

Purim Costume Fun and Easter Bunny Suit Mania


Hello from Toyland!

I happened upon the Easter Bunny this morning on my daily stroll. The poor thing! He was absolutely frazzled and so frantic he scarcely noticed me as I approached him. Once I saw the mountain of Easter eggs next to his burrow, I knew what was bothering him. Just to make sure, I asked him what was the matter. As I suspected, my good friend the Easter Bunny was simply overwhelmed with the amount of Easter eggs he had to deliver this coming Easter – see, a wizard always knows! Seeing an opportunity to spread some magic to children everywhere, I offered my magical services to Mr. Bunny. With my trusty wand in hand, I recited an old wizard’s costume spell and poof! – we had Easter Bunny costumes!

Confused, the Easter Bunny simply scratched his head and asked how a rabbit costume could possible help him. I was a bit disappointed to hear this as I expect a magic bunny to have a bit more imagination! It’s not what he could do with the Easter Bunny suit, but what my friends on Earth can do. Every year moms, dads, aunts, uncles, and grandparents everywhere look for a good Easter Bunny suit to wear so they can thrill the children. Sometimes even kids like to put on a child bunny costume and get into the Easter Bunny act. I told the Easter Bunny to let you, my friends on Earth, deliver some of the Easter eggs this year. With a flick of my wand I distributed the mountain of Easter eggs to stores everywhere on Earth. All you need to do to help the Easter Bunny bring happiness to children this Easter season is pick up an Easter Bunny suit and set up your own Easter egg hunt this year. It’s great fun for everyone, especially if the children decide to don a child bunny costume! Get your authentic Easter eggs from your favorite store, put on an Easter Bunny costume, and round up all the special little Easter egg hunters in your family for an unforgettable good time. Best of all, you’ll have a rabbit costume handy for those funny costume emergencies that pop up without warning!

All this talk of fun times with costumes reminds me of a Purim party I attended some time ago. My word but those Purim costumes are fantastic! Purim itself is a great and wonderfully festive holiday. It’s no wonder, then, that every Purim I see children in bright and wonderfully festive Child Purim Costumes. Whether they’re on their way to deliver a gift of food to friends and family, or looking for someone less fortunate to help on this amazing feast day, children always look their best in a traditional Purim costume. My favorites are the King David Purim Costume and Jewish Rabbi Purim Costume for boys. There’s something timeless and very special about a costume that’s a lot of fun and works to preserve a tradition. For girls I always thought the Mother Rivkah Purim costume and Mother Rachel Purim costume were just precious. Child Purim costumes like these will endure as long as the wonderful traditions they are based on!

It’s good to see so much costume activity brewing here in Toyland! I know I’ll be joining all my Earth friends during their Purim celebrations with all the wonderful traditional Purim costumes. I’m also looking forward to seeing all you grown-ups in an Easter Bunny suit with a little rascal in a child bunny costume following you around. I hope all of you are as eager to spread some magic around as I am!

No comments: